New Catch Bob scenario!
Scratchnotes taken in the train between Lausanne and Geneva:As we saw earlier today, there are some problems:
- the task is too simple
- our tool is not sufficiently used compared to how it can be used for this task
- ending condition frustrating and unpredictable
- not enough collaboration/negotiation/discussion
- new task: treasure hunt: players have to find the largest amount of objects which are mobiles (from the players' point of view; actually, we place juste 3 objects for each round and they all move only when one is captured)
- scenario: 1 round = find an object, players have to do a trianlge/web to capture it (roughly speaking, it's the triangle plyaers make in the current catchbob; a captured object appears on the screen); when captured, players has t find others. Doing the triangle around the object does not necessarily means that players see each other! They will re-discuss the strategy.
- there will be some conflicts in the first part when they will have to select which bob they want to head to.
- 30minutes for every groups
To be decided:
- performance: number of objects or shortest path on epfl or combination of both
- what is bob: fire/gas/monsters/...
- in terms of design, we already have all those objects
- the task is too simple: it's more complicated here because we create conflict that should be negotiated with the tool
- our tool is not sufficiently used compared to how it can be used for this task: the tool must be used
- ending condition frustrating and unpredictable: ending condition easier, more rewarding (the object appeared on the device)
- not enough collaboration/negotiation/discussion: more conflict here = negotiation