CSCW course take-away
Some take-away for students of our Computer-Supported Collaborative Work course:
- Media Richness is the solution: no adding video channel is not necessarily better in terms of coordination effectiveness and group collaboration.
- Text is knowledge: text is information but not knowledge, learning is not reading.
- Mediating informal interactions among distributed teams
- Invent uses of location-based services, pervasive comouting and awareness tools
- Computation is back to real, to things you can touch (roomware, tangibles,…)
- Physical space, places, topology, context and infrastructure matters